Mayne Corners was a small farming hamlet in Perth County, first settled in the mid-19th century. At its height it contained a store, blacksmith, post office, Orange Hall and a school.
There are no records of any industries in Mayne Corners, other than a sawmill that operated for a brief period. The post office only lasted until 1866, when the postmaster resigned and postal service moved to nearby Shipley. A Methodist church opened in 1876.
Today there is nothing left of Mayne Corners except for a sign and the cemetery. Luckily they were able to save the small wooden church. It now sits in the Country Heritage Park in Milton where it enjoys a new life as part of the park’s permanent collection of buildings. Learn more