Narva was a small settlement that offered a number of important services to an area that was otherwise desolate and sparsely populated. Primarily these were the school and post office.
The community first established a school in the 1850s. The school building changed four times over the course of that school section’s existence. The last school survived until the mid-1960s, when the province centralized the school system.
Besides the school, a post office operated for a number of years. There were only two postmasters, Neil McIntyre and William Moffat. In 1916, the post office closed following the arrival of rural mail delivery.
Nothing remains of Narva, other than the schoolhouse. Learn more