Mosher was a small lumbering settlement in Algoma Region, built by the Newago Timber Company in 1951. The land was purchased from the Algoma Central Railway (ACR) and conveniently located right on the rail line.
The townsite included several railway buildings and freighting facilities, as well as a station.
Housing came in the form of about a dozen bungalows for employees with families, and a bunkhouse for the single men. Although small, the community included a school, store, recreation hall, and a post office. During cutting season, approximately 150 people lived in the community.
Mosher survived until the mid-1970s, when the mill closed. All the structures were either moved or demolished. Learn more