The original Tomiko station, ca. 1912©Source: Lloyd Leonard
Tomiko, located in Nipissing District, began in 1905 as a section village along the Temiskaming & Northern Ontario Railway (later ONR).
Tomiko burned brightly and briefly. In 1906 it had 354 residents, a post office and a Baptist church. At its height the village contained about two-dozen homes, two bunkhouses and two stores. By 1921 the church and one of the stores had closed.
Although Tomiko's population gradually dwindled downward, a handful of residents remained in the community until the late 1960s. By 1971 it was completely abandoned.
Today three original homes and the railway station still stand. The station sees occasional use for railway purposes.